Monday, December 21, 2009

Our Car

Lately, it's felt like trouble is actually spelled "V-O-L-V-O!" We'll be taking the car into the shop for third time in two weeks tomorrow. We're trying to prayerfully discern if and how we should get rid of it and what and how we can afford to get a new (used) car. Nothing has been decided for final yet, but each day I become more convinced it needs to go.

But it's been a great car. It was Karisa's first car and we've spent many, many long hours in it together. I tried to find some photos to honor the good ol' S40, but I realized we don't really have many with in in there. So here's what I found:



The Volvo put up with somefun winters in Chicago. This picture is WAY old from Karisa's freshman or sophomore year. Let's just say, I'm sure the car loves having a garage now. Sadly, it's too little to late.





The fact that this is the only other picture I found should tell you something. We took pictures of our dog in the car. To be fair, Karisa has some pictures on the Mac that I don't have access to and SOMEwhere there's got to be some pictures of the car from the wedding, but I don't have them available at the moment.

Perhaps a miracle will happen and our car won't need to be replaced and we'll have many more years of joys with the Volvo S40. But either way, here's to you, !

No comments: